Thanks for visiting us today. We are a Cornish based rescue, rehoming and rehabilitation centre who service the whole of Cornwall. We are independent and rely solely on donations to survive and on our small but dedicated team to run the centre, fundraise, conduct behavioural support, and advise on any aspect of dogs and dog welfare.
PLEASE NOTE As we offer full behavioural support we are only able to rehome dogs in CORNWALL so if you live out of Cornwall please do not apply for rehoming a dog
Please have a look around our site; learn more ABOUT US, see our DOGS NEEDING HOMES, or check out our UPCOMING EVENTS. If you need to get in touch with us regarding anything dog related please use our CONTACT US form or call us on 01872 560232
General PHONE enquiries: 10am - 4pm, Emergencies only: 24 hrs
To visit the kennels to meet a dog you MUST first call for an appointment on the above phone number (Booked appointments are usually made between 11am-12.30pm and 2pm-3pm, 7 days a week). If you call on the offchance between 11am-12.30pm and 2-3pm, our appts will take precedence, but as long as it's within opening hours, we will endeavour to help if we can.
YOU CAN DONATE IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
- Make a one-off donation using the Paypal banner below on the homepage
- Use this Paypal link to set up a standing order http://www.caninecrusaders.org.uk/facebook400/
- By Paypal direct using "email@example.com"
- By cheque (payable to K9 Crusaders) posted to Hollybush Farm, Bissoe, Truro TR4 8TF
- Direct to our Barclays bank account via your online banking to Sort Code 20-87-94 • Account no 73625575
As you all know we are in the middle of a pandemic and this has changed everything for our little independent rescue. All our normal fundraising for over a year has been stopped...no dog shows, summer fayres, fetes and sponsored events and our shop has had to be closed during all lockdowns losing over 6months trade in 2020 alone. All of this has cost us many £1000s.
We have also had to find a new compliant way of working to ensure the safety of our volunteers and the general public. Luckily we have had an appointment only system for some time which helps, but we needed to overhaul our rehoming process which is outlined below.
Covid-19 Rehoming Procedure
- Look on our Dogs Needing Homes page and see if there is a dog you are interested in.
- Complete the 'I Want a Dog' form with as much information as possible.
- We will contact you if we believe that you could be a match and invite you to come to the kennels for a socially-distanced outdoor meet and greet in one of our large secure fields.
- If the meeting goes well, the dog can be reserved at that time.
- We will then conduct a virtual homecheck using Zoom or Messenger to check your garden and home, and may get references if required.
- If all is ok then we will ask you to send payment for your new dog via bank transfer.
- The dog will get a prehoming vetcheck and spay/neuter if required, and you will be invited to return to the kennels to complete the adoption paperwork and collect your dog observing social distancing at all times.
Obviously as we move forward after yet another lockdown things will be chaotic as we will be getting 3 months of enquiries in just a couple of days so we ask that you are patient, complete a form once and wait for our reply. Please do not tie up our phone lines or inboxes with repeated enquiries as everyone will be dealt with and you may stop us getting to an emergency call or email.
Thank you for your patience and continuing support