REHOMING A DOG (5)
Due to us not having enough volunteers to man a reception area, we work an appointment scheme to visit the kennels.
If you would like to come and meet a dog then please call 01872 560232 and leave your contact details if no one is available and we will get back to you. Alternatively you could complete the I WANT A DOG form as shown on our homepage.
For puppies under 12 months the fee is £200, due to the increased likelihood of expense needed to spay/neuter, vaccinate etc.
Any other dog over 12 months, the fee is £150, although discretion may be given when rehoming a pair or a “special” dog.
All our dogs will be
We do not make a profit from our rehoming fees, it is simply a way to ensure we can continue to rescue other dogs in the future.
THE BASIC PROCESS GOES AS FOLLOWS:
- You see a dog you are interested in on our website or Facebook page, or simply call us on 01872 560232 to see if we have a suitable dog for your lifestyle available
- This phone call will possibly lead to a meeting with suitable dog/s at the kennels
- If this meeting goes well and you wish to proceed then a home-check is arranged and carried out ASAP
- Providing that the home-check passes, a time is arranged for the dog to be collected by the new owners, and before that the dog is taken to our vet for a full check-up to ensure it is healthy and ready to go home.
- The dog is collected by the new owners, and at this time all rehoming paperwork is completed and the rehoming fee paid before you leave with your new dog
- You may be called or visited during the next 6 months to check on the well-being of the dog and to offer help with behavioural issues that might arise
- We are always available for help and support if needed throughout the dog’s life and if for any reason the dog cannot remain in the new home then we will always take it back.
After an initial phone discussion and a meeting with the potential new owners and the dog, conducted at the Centre, one of our home-checkers will make an appointment to come and assess the home’s suitability for the chosen dog. We are looking for a secure environment and one suitable for the chosen dog, which varies according to their needs and requirements. You may or may not be told at the time whether the check is passed, but either way someone will call you back very soon.
FUNDRAISING AND DONATING (3)
Firstly thank you for thinking of us! We have several collection points you could use depending on what you wish to donate.
Dog Food or accessories
- Collection bins @ Morrisons Pool
- Collection bins @ Morrisons Penzance
- Collection bins @ Pets at Home, Treliske
- Collection bins @ Tesco Truro
Anything else (clothing, bric-a-brac, any saleable items, blankets, dog items etc)
- Our kennels at Bissoe (Hollybush Farm, Bissoe, Truro). Detailed instructions of how to find us are HERE
- Our charity shop in Redruth (33 Fore St, Redruth, opposite Superdrug).
- ★Send a text to JustTextGiving on 70070 to donate. Use the following code with your chosen amount.KCRU01 £1/£2/£3/£5/£10
- ★You can also donate using our Paypal buttons on the website
- ★Re-home one of our dogs
- ★Spread the word about us and our work with Cornish dogs. Tell your friends. They may want to re-home a dog, donate or volunteer.
- ★Donate some time to help out at our kennels. Volunteering isn’t easy but is so rewarding, and we are always desperate for help. For more info on volunteering see below question.
- ★You can also volunteer to help with fund-raising collections, arrange an event yourself or sell raffle tickets for us. The sky’s the limit but it is critical work, as without that we cannot continue to help Cornish dogs.
- ★Attend our events, and spend some money.
- ★Join our group on Facebook and take part in our online auctions, competitions, online dog shows and much more. Also get the scoop on the latest events.
- ★Become a member of our Facebook400 through our web-store for £1 a week and get special behind the scenes information and special members only invitations.
- ★Donate blankets, sheets, duvet covers, curtains, old dog beds or anything that can be easily washed for bedding. Please no duvets or pillows as they can be a choking hazard for some dogs and they are very hard to clean and dry.
- ★We can also use any books or bric a brac for our car boots and stalls.
- ★Support our Morrison’s food collecting bins in Pool, Penzance or Newquay with donations of food and treats for the dogs. They love Chappie and biscuit treats that remind them of home.
- ★We also have collecting facilities at Pets At Home, Treliske so donations may be made there
- ★Visit EasyFundraising.org.uk and raise money for K9 Crusaders when you shop with major online retailers including Tesco and Amazon. It’s FREE.
- ★Change your search engine to http://k9crusaders.easysearch.org.uk/ and we get 0.5p a search. If we all do it we will raise £100s.
- ★Check the website regularly for news and events ; www.caninecrusaders.org.uk
GENERAL QUESTIONS (1)
We do not euthanase a dog unless directed by a vet in severe medical cases. Dogs which cannot be released for immediate rehoming after their initial assessment period remain at the kennels for rehabilitation and training. We believe so strongly in the 3 Rs – Rescue Rehabilitation and Re-homing – that a dog remains with us until it is fit and ready for it’s forever home.